Pages

Friday, 22 July 2016

A new quilt inspired by an old building

So this wall-hanging was made by fusing black and gold fabric to cream silk. The design was developed from a metal hearinngfille in a Victorian church.

Friday, 20 May 2016

Heart quilt

Finished this last weekend and delivered it to Malvern on Monday. It's called 'Counterchange of Hearts' and was made for the theme challenge. No prize, but I am pretty pleased with it.

The background is machine pieced, the hearts are hand appliquéd or hand quilted. The background is free motion quilting and it's decorated with lots of buttons, some of which I made from Fimo.

Tuesday, 12 April 2016

Machine Applique this time.

Another new block to me. "Cotton Boll" from the book 'Red and Green - an applique tradition' by Jeana Kimball. Fused to the background with Bondaweb and outline with a narrow blanket stitch.

Monday, 11 April 2016

Hand applique....I love it!

And this little block was drafted by me from a picture of a very old quilt in a book. Hand appliquéd using YLI silk thread, which I love using, as it really disappears into the work. The block measures 8" square, and like most of the blocks in this quilt, it will be turned on point.

Sunday, 10 April 2016

On a roll!


An eight inch block at the top, rotary cut and machine pieced. And a foundation pieced 4inch block.

Saturday, 9 April 2016

Another tiny block

Just 4" square. This is a block from the book "The 1718 Coverlet" by Susan Briscoe. A little fussy cutting there!

Wednesday, 6 April 2016

Monday, 4 April 2016

Sunday, 3 April 2016

More blocks

Two more blocks for the sampler quilt. First, a 6" Churn Dash, to be set on point.
Then a smaller 4" block. No name, as far as I know.....

Saturday, 2 April 2016

New sampler quilt

In spite of the fact that I have  a large number of UFOs hanging about, I have started a new sampler quilt.  Most of the fabrics are in my stash, although I did purchase a few cream ones. I planned most of this before I started to stitch, in the hope that it makes the process easier.

I've tried to include blocks which are new to me, although there are a couple I've done before, and most of the blocks will be set on point. They will also be different sizes - 12", 8", 6" and 4". The centre block is much larger at 21" square, and is my attempt at a Sanderson Star. Not drafted perfectly, but it still went together, and shows off the tie dyed fabric I have had for years in the centre.